It’s no secret that getting a spray tan can transform your mood and outlook – having a 'golden glow' is the perfect accessory during summer, but it’s important to look after your skin in preparation.
1. Preparation. For a streak free tan your skin needs to be ready. Do this by using a Lactic cleanser wash daily, to smooth, hydrate and soften the skin allowing for an even spray tan.
2. Protect. Elbows, knees, ankles and eyebrows are all areas that can accumulate residue tan leading to dark, uneven patches. Apply a protective balm or rich moisturiser to these areas before your tan to avoid excessive build up. No one likes bronze blotches.
3. Blend. For an expert tan that no one will guess is fake, it is important to blend, blend, blend. Use a damp make up sponge to blend the tan for a natural look. Blend in between fingers and toes, inner arms, under arms, backs of knees and inner wrists.
4. Hydrate. Use a hydrating body cream daily to hydrate the skin and ensure a longer lasting, even tan. If you’re looking to get the most out of your tan, hydration is key.
5. Exfoliate. To remove a worn out tan and ensure no patchy areas are left behind, use a physical and chemical exfoliant to loosen and sweep away the pigment. Also exfoliating gloves are great. It’s important to always remember to exfoliate between tans to get the longest length of time out of your tan.
So now you know how to get a sizzling streak-free tan, without scorching your skin in the sun.
You might also like...