Latest

A 15-year-old girl has died after mixing alcohol with energy drinks

By Stephanie Nuzzo June 12, 2018

She reportedly copied a recipe she had found online.

In devastating news this week, reports have emerged that a Sydney teenager has died after mixing alcohol with energy drinks. 

As The Daily Mail has reported, the 15-year-old is believed to have followed a cocktail recipe she found on the Internet and was subsequently found unconscious at home on Friday, June 8th. 

The young girl was rushed to The Children's Hospital at Westmead and died just three days later. 

Superintendent Rob Critchlow released a statement on the heartbreaking turn of events: 

“This investigation is in its infancy but early inquiries indicate this girl sourced an alcoholic drink recipe from an online site, then put that information to the test,” The Daily Mail reports he said. 

“The consequences have been tragic.”

“We cannot emphasise more strongly the risk of underage and - more importantly - uninformed alcohol consumption,” he continued.

“We have a family devastated by the death of their beloved daughter; they have a lot of questions.

“We will endeavour to find answers, but our message has to be: do not risk your health experimenting with high-risk information sourced online.”

Authorities are also urging anyone with information that may assist the investigation to contact police or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.​